We spent the last weeks working on an overhaul of the TripSailor site. Before we officially relaunch the site we'd like to get your feedback. For those of you interested in the new site, you can have a look at it at http://beta.tripsailor.com . If you like, you can start using it right away, 'cause the preview site already uses the current database. We would love to get your feedback, suggestions and bug reports.
Explore the new features
- Improved Search for Blogs, Places and Sailors
- Explore other members trips in our new map view
- Show additional layers on the map, to display nearby marinas, harbors, restaurants and photos.
- Collect your favorite sailing places and discover other members with the same interests
- You can now leave a status message on your profile for other members, if you're available or looking for a crew, boat, ....
- We would like to invite you to our general discussion board
- As a convenience you can now login via your Google or Facebook account
- You can now enter the latitude/longitude for your posts by using the degree format in addition to the already existing decimal form
- The profile page has been cleaned up
- You can now easily share your favorite pages on TripSailor via Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg and del.ici.ous
Point of Interest
- We dramatically improved the accuracy of the photos shown with the point of interest by switching to panoramio.com as our provider. Many thanks to all panoramio users for sharing their amazing photos.
- Thousands of marinas updated their contact information
- You can now share your own photos for every point of interest in our database
- Adding your own points will be possible in a few weeks. Then you can add every interesting place to sail and share it with other members.
Enjoy the new site and let us hear about your thoughts.
Team of TripSailor.
All new features are now published to http://www.tripsailor.com.